2d scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2d scores

Dear Dave...I cannot understand why my 2d score has plummeted from average 97% to a mere 51%,I could say I don't care about scores,But I'd be lying.In particular off rendering and image rendering are an appealing 369 and 8 respectively.I have an i7 6700k and an r9 390 which usually do damn well considering their age.Recently I did however(after reading an article) replace the r9's thermal pads with paste,could this have some influence? Keep well

What version of PerformanceTest and what version of Windows are you running?

Win7 machines don't do so well in PerformanceTest V10 in 2D.

Comment

HI DAVE thanks for responding...I am on Windows10 home..build 2004.I use Perftest 10.I used to crack the 2d score always around 97% now its 51% in a few days...I have thought of directx and Microsft Visual maybe inadvertenty uninstalled?I just dont have the expertise or experience to come up with plausible possibilities...keep well from South Africa

Comment

Do you have the old results saved to compare to the new results.
        Knowing which of the 2D sub-tests tanked might give some clue as to what changed.

Comment

Dave a thousand apologies for wasting your time,last time I repeated my venerable old POWERCOLOR R9 390 like a twit I neglected to plug in the fans afterwards.I figured this out while running PASSMARK 3d test and not hearing the fans ramp up and suddenly the pc turned itself off as I was reaching for my Philips screwdriver.The poor thing was as hot as hell,when I took her out.Sorry to have asked such a stupid time wasting question of you Dave.Thanks for following up and greetings from the troubled land of South Africa(thanks to damn ANC-efrican nashinil kongress parti) keep well sir...

Comment

Working...
          X