Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile App for cpubenchmark.net, harddrivebenchmark.net, videocardbenchmark.net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile App for cpubenchmark.net, harddrivebenchmark.net, videocardbenchmark.net?

Hi guys,

Is there a mobile app for looking up the CPU / Video cards / Hard drive benchmark scores on the cpubenchmark.net, videocardbenchmark.net and harddrivebenchmark.net websites respectively?

The websites themselves are not mobile friendly, and they are sluggish on your average smartphone. I looked around in the Android app store and it doesn't look like anything exists for it yet. I look up scores on the website all the time when I'm assessing the performance of a system, or comparing components that I'm planning on buying, and quick access to it on my smartphone would be really valuable. I'm sure other people would probably like that capability too.

So... would anybody at Passmark object if I wrote an app that does that? Are there be any legal concerns about branding, trademarks, scraping the data off the site, or collecting ad revenue from the app? If I did write an app that did that, would you want me to take special steps to make sure that it is clear that the app is unofficial, or anything like that? Or maybe is there some reason that it hasn't already been made that I should be aware of?
    Last edited by frosty555; Jul-08-2014, 10:02 PM.

We aren't planning an app at this point, but what we hope to do to in the medium term is to have a more mobile friendly site (or a separate mobile site). This would function in a similar manner to an app however. So we aren't looking for anyone to do an app.

At the moment 89.2% of the site visitors are on desktop or laptop computers. Another 5% are on tablets, which work OK with the current sites. Only 5% are on smart phones (which still work, but as you point out it is a bit slow). So it hasn't been a urgent need to get the mobile site up and running as yet.

Comment

Working...
    X