Ibuypower Chimera 4-FX build-Bechmark results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibuypower Chimera 4-FX build-Bechmark results

I'm not sure if I should be dissappointed or not but the end results was 3630(edit from type 3610 not that it makes a difference lol)..Windows Experience was 7.8

i'm not sure how demanding these games are but all on high settings they run completely fine so maybe it's just the numbers and not the actual performance I'm dissappointed in.

Deus Ex:Human Revolution
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Murdered:Soul Suspect

Here is my build($1750 shipped after 5% off promo code)

1 x Case Chimera Inferno 4SE Gaming Case - Flame
    1 x Processor AMD FX-8350 CPU (8x 4GHZGHz/8MB L3 Cache) Overclocked 4.52GHZ
    1 x Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 -- AMD 990FX w/ 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16
    1 x Memory 8 GB [4 GB X2] Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866
    1 x Video Card AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB - Single Card
    1 x Power Supply 850 Watt - Corsair RM850M - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
    1 x Processor Cooling Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
    1 x Primary Hard Drive 120 GB ADATA S510 SSD -- Read: 550MB/s, Write: 510MB/s - Single Drive
    1 x Data Hard Drive 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
    1 x Optical Drive LG Blu-ray Reader Combo Drive
    1 x Sound Card ASUS Xonar DSX -- 7.1 Channels, 192kHz/24-bit
    1 x Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
    1 x Keyboard iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard
    1 x Mouse iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse
    1 x Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit
    1 x Advanced Build Options Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound - The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks
    1 x Advanced Build Options Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis
    1 x Advanced Build Options Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Basic Pro Wiring
    1 x Advanced Build Options Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Advanced - Power Package (Individually Sleeved 24-pin ATX, 8-pin CPU, and SATA Drive Power Cabling)
    1 x Advanced Build Options Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Advanced - Video Package (Individually Sleeved 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E VGA Power Cabling)
    1 x Meter Display NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller & Temperature Display
    1 x Media Card Reader / Writer 12-In-1 Internal Media Card Reader/Writer - Black
    1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction Basic - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System - Reduce System Noise
    1 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive PowerDrive Level 1 - Up to 10% Overclocking
    Last edited by srivkin78; Aug-25-2014, 05:01 PM.

What were the individual benchmark results. Or if you uploaded a baseline, do you note down the baseline number?

Just looking at the machine specs. I wonder if you might have been better off getting a faster / more expensive CPU, but not overclocking it. Thus removing the water cooling cost, some of fan cooling costs and the need for fan controllers. Also did you really need the sound card? The Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD already had a reasonable sound chip built into the motherboard. On the recent machines I have built I also dropped the optical drive. Once you have removed this stuff, you'd also probably find you over spec'd the power supply and 550W would have been enough.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      What were the individual benchmark results. Or if you uploaded a baseline, do you note down the baseline number?

Just looking at the machine specs. I wonder if you might have been better off getting a faster / more expensive CPU, but not overclocking it. Thus removing the water cooling cost, some of fan cooling costs and the need for fan controllers. Also did you really need the sound card? The Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD already had a reasonable sound chip built into the motherboard. On the recent machines I have built I also dropped the optical drive. Once you have removed this stuff, you'd also probably find you over spec'd the power supply and 550W would have been enough.

The individual results were as follows:

CPU mark: 9653
      2d Graphics mark: 654
      3d Graphics mark:4703
      Memory Mark: 1436
      Disk Mark: 3880

I do have plans to add more drives, memory and probably crossfire with another R9 270X when the price comes down so I overkilled it with the PSU...I watch DVD's on my PC(32inch LG LED TV as a monitor) with a Bose surround sound and use the media reader for SD cards

Comment

The numbers are about what I would expect from the hardware. Certainly no major problem.

Comment

The numbers are about what I would expect from the hardware. Certainly no major problem.

I actually overcloked the 270X and reran the 3D test and came up with 4970 but the overscore did not increase significantly.

is 3600's a good score though? It might be expected but is it considered good?

Comment

Well, it is a fast machine. But well short of the top 20 PCs.

Top machines at the moment tend to have 65GB of fast RAM. GeForce Titian video cards, RAM drives and or PCI-E connected SSDs and overclocked Intel CPUs.

Comment

Well, it is a fast machine. But well short of the top 20 PCs.

Top machines at the moment tend to have 65GB of fast RAM. GeForce Titian video cards, RAM drives and or PCI-E connected SSDs and overclocked Intel CPUs.
              i just ordered 8gig more ram and a second Powercolor R9 270x....im hoping to see some improvements

Comment

The speed of the RAM matters as much as the quantity. The problem is that the fastest RAM isn't really taken advantage of by the current AMD CPUs (excluding the case of on board video, which isn't what you have).

Compare this Intel chart
                http://www.memorybenchmark.net/read_...dr3_intel.html
                with the AMD chart
                http://www.memorybenchmark.net/read_..._ddr3_amd.html

To be honest you bought the wrong CPU is you are wanting the absolute fastest machine possible. And in two weeks it is going to look even worse as DDR4 hits the market with X99 motherboards.

The FX-8350 offers excellent performance for its price however.

Comment

Working...
                X