Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrated graphic solutions in the GPU benchmark

Hi

I suppose that the aim of this benchmark is to help people make a good choice.

But now with the arrival of good integrated graphics solutions (i.e. INTEL IRIS PRO 5200 and AMD KAVERI) the question that everyone is asking is: when do I need a discrete Graphic card ?

For example an AMD A8-7600 gives a 4 cores CPU and a very decent graphic GPU all included in a 45 / 65 Watt and 100 bugs... do I need more ?

The problem is that 10 month after the launch, your GPU benchmark still doesn't show the performance of processors alone like :
    - AMD A10-7850
    - AMD A10-7800
    - AMD A10-7700
    - AMD A8-7660

Why can we only see the intel HD 4600 (score 727) and HD 5200 (score 777) ?

As long as it will be behind the time (10 monthes is an eternity in high tech), this benchmark will be of no utility for answering the main questions. Don't you think so ?

Due to the obscure way AMD name their graphics cards we need to know the device ID in order to properly identify it, and in the case of these integrated GPUs they are simply known as "R7 Graphics" (where as the Intel graphics identify themselves a slightly more meaningful way).

To make it even worse for consumers though they share the same graphics card name even if it has a different number of cores active & different speeds across the range. Then they also use the same graphics setup across cpu model ranges (eg the A10-7700K and A8-7600) so it makes naming the card a difficult prospect.

Currently were going to look at adding a default reference name for these cards (eg "AMD Radeon R7") and then adding the CPU name to it, so it should appear in the baseline and the online charts something like "AMD Radeon R7 A10-7850K" and "AMD Radeon R7 A10-7800" (even though they are the same cards).

Comment

Working...
    X