Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for newer chipsets and the Haswell processors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for newer chipsets and the Haswell processors.

I've been using Passmark for years. Recently, newer benchtests seem to be very inaccurate. I am being told by Dell that "...we have found that Passmark does not run well with our
    newer chipsets and the Haswell processors. "

Is there any plans to correct these inaccuracies?

We fully support Haswell and are not aware any 'inaccuracies'. More likely the Dell sales drone is just making excuses as to why his machine doesn't perform very well.

If he insists there is a problem, ask for specifics. We have a few Haswell test machines (not Dells) and they all run fine. We also supported DDR4 before Dell released any machines with DDR4.

(Note: There isn't really any such as absolute accuracy in benchmarking. Different programs behave differently on different CPUs so there is always going to be a debate about what algorithms / code would make up a legitimate benchmark).

Comment

I'm seeing inconsistencies when comparing Dell Broadwel to the older Dell Haswell systems.

Comment

Again,
        "doesn't work well" and "inconsistencies" aren't anywhere near detailed enough as a description of a problem.

Comment

Thanks. Dell recommended that I try specwpc as they claim it would be more accurate. Of course it returned results that were about half of what it should have been for similar configured systems. Now they are going to do a "deeper dive" to determine why. Sigh.

Comment

You realise that specwpc is $5,000 if you are a company and want to use it? (and lets be honest only companies buy these workstation type of machines).

Comment

Working...
            X