Low Misleading GPU Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Misleading GPU Scores

I am sure you are well aware of the issue that if GPU tests are run with VSync ON it will not show the true performance of the card.

This is the exact case with my GTX 850M and the online average score. Months ago it averaged at about 2400. Now it is about 1400 ...

My baseline shows 3100. I can tell it has false scores online as all the recent baselines have below 1200 points.

So my point being, can't you filter out false low scores for the cards ? Obviously if a card has many high scores, then the low ones are false.

This can be very misleading for users only checking and comparing cards without actually running tests.

Regards!
    Vasil

Yes, VSync can limit frame rates. But by default it isn't normally on.

If you theory was correct then many (most even) of the baseline results for 3D would be A) sitting at the same level and B) have frame rates of exactly 60 fps for the 3D tests.

But when I look at the results, I see machines, that have average overall results, getting 80fps in DX9, 40FPS in DX10 and 10FPS in DX11.

So the 80FPS in DX9 value clearly shows it isn't capped due to
    VSync. The DX10 and DX11 values are so slow that capping wouldn't matter anyway.

So the differences between machines is much more likely to be due to other factors. Like the device driver version, the power control settings, the CPU type. In some cases the setup on these machines might be bad as well, resulting in the 850M not being used, and the integrated GPU being used instead.

Comment

Working...
    X