Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to tell what version of Passmark was used from the ID alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to tell what version of Passmark was used from the ID alone?

I have 2 passmark scores, but I don't know if they were tested using the same version of passmark (i.e. 7 or .

Is there any discernible difference in the IDs that indicate which version was used?

If not, is there a way to see the details, without re-installing, using the web interface alone? i.e.
    http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=XXXXXXXXXXX

(The 'id=XXXXXXXXXXX' above contains the 6 baseline id digits + 5 extra digits, but not sure what to enter for those 5 digits)

What information do you actually have?
    Do you have just the score?
    The rough date the result was generated?
    The baseline ID number?
    Do you have the URL to the baseline on our server?
    The baseline file itself?
    Do you know something about the hardware. e.g. the CPU model?

In PT8 the baseline files had a .ptx extension. In PT7 they had a .pt extension. The exact version used is also in the file.

If you have the baseline ID it might be enough. In PT8 the current max number as of 31/Jan/15 is 358275. So any number larger than this would be a PT7 baseline.

What are the actual numbers you have?

Comment

Thanks, the 2 baselines scores (3004 & 4240) that I was hoping to see if they used the same Passmark version are for baselines: 357961 & 238970.

A coworker recently ran the the test for the first baseline, while the second score was a test I ran from a laptop I used to have... if I had to guess the date it was probably late 2013... and based on the high baseline number, it looks like the second test was done using PM7.

I suppose there's no way to correlate scores between PM versions... but in general would a system tested with the older PM7 version typically score higher than if tested with PM8?

Comment

From the V8 database of baseline results I can see that,
        Baseline 357961 had a score of 3004 and was done with PT8 build 1045 (Yesterday)
        Baseline 238970 had a score of 4240 and was done with PT8 build 1034 (15/May/14)

So they are both V8 results and are comparable.

Baseline 238970 got an higher overall score largely on the back of much better disk & 3D performance.

Comment

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Comment

Working...
          X