X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Loopback - latency?

Hey,
    I am considering buying the pc test kit for following:
    Can the USB loopback plugs also be used to measure latency of the whole usb stack under windows? I am evaluating some pcs for usage as a control loop control with inputs via usb hid devices and output via an application on the screen and want to measure if the usb stack generates much latency (besides the 16ms polling time of usb2).
    Also, how is licensing done with the windows application? If I want to test multiple pcs as one technician in serial, do I have to purchase several burnin licenses, or are they technician-bound / via a usb-dongle or similar?
    Cheers,
    Niels

Can the USB loopback plugs also be used to measure latency of the whole usb stack under windows?
    There is no option to test latency using the loopback plugs.

...how is licensing done with the windows application? If I want to test multiple pcs as one technician in serial, do I have to purchase several burnin licenses, or are they technician-bound / via a usb-dongle or similar?
    When purchasing the PC Test Kit or the Bootable USB Flash Drive individually. The license is tied to the USB Flash Drive (UFD) and the software must be ran from the flash drive. Every UFD purchase comes with a single-user license for all software on the UFD. The single-user license enables one user to be using one copy of the software at any one time. Users can freely move their bootable UFD between machines as there is no need to install software. The software itself is locked to the UFD which means that users do not need to register their software, simply plug and play to access.

Comment

There is the USB3 programming SDK here
      https://www.passmark.com/products/usb3api/index.php

So you could write your own code / script if required.

Comment

Working...
      X