Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very low gtx 970 benchmark score 3d and 2d

Hey.
    I got a new evga ssc gtx 970 and thought I'd test it with the PerformanceTest 8.0 and got a very low score compared to the passmark score. For the test I used my amd fx-8370e (which got 8176 in score).

My gtx 970 got 543 in 2d and 5037 in 3d, which I don't think makes any sense. I used driver version 347.52.

I hope you can help me

So the CPU score looks OK.
    The 3D score is a bit low.

See this post to start with,
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

You'll probably never get a great 3D score as the fx-8370e single threaded (and dual threaded) performance isn't all that great.

These 8 core CPUs really only shine when you are running between 4 and 8 threads, which isn't all that common.

Comment

Hello and thank you for your anwser!
      I've noticed than my directX 10 is ok and the 11 and direct compute is pretty good, but the directX 9 is very low compared to 980. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturepass.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	34917

Comment

You are comparing your machine to a machine with far better CPU and a better video card. So it is to expected that your machine will be slower.

The CPU also impacts on the 3D results, especially when you have a high end video card and slower CPU.

You didn't state the actual DX9 result, so I can't really say if the lower result it what is to be expected or not.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
          You are comparing your machine to a machine with far better CPU and a better video card. So it is to expected that your machine will be slower.

The CPU also impacts on the 3D results, especially when you have a high end video card and slower CPU.

You didn't state the actual DX9 result, so I can't really say if the lower result it what is to be expected or not.
          I have to agree there might be something wrong here. I've actually scored considerably lower with my GTX 970 than with my GTX 660. Same issue as above, DX 10 & 11 fine, but can't get above 60 fps on some of the other tests.

Any other benchmarking software, and I'm destroying my old score.

Actually I did just run 3DMark and then went back to PerformanceTest 8 and found that the previously locked to 60 fps tests started screaming through and the results were only 12% slower than the reference 980 (as apposed to 60% quicker previously). Please note, the PC has not been rebooted in between starting this post, nor any settings tweaked.

Comment

Working...
          X