No announcement yet.

Record breaking on ancient hardware...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record breaking on ancient hardware...

G'day Dave its me again,with another query.The otherday I took my pc to the coolest part of my house took off the pc side-doors,setup a huge and potentially lethal fan(set to max) Took my venerable r9 390(overclocked it far beyond anything I had tried before) opened passmark and sat back as fans screamed.To cut a long story short I beat the r9 390 highest recorded score by 200 or so lol.So today buggering about with my favorite benchmark program I had a look to see my score as the highest and.....nothing....as if it were a pipe-dream lol.I dont know why I care but I do somehow,please see if it were uploaded...thanks Dave.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan-cooling.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	52851

Comment

So I just checked and the max score for the R9 390 GPU on the 3DMark is 12,275.

There is some caching of graph data on the client, so some the numbers can take a few days to update.

But you score seemed to be slightly higher than this 12,275 value. Do you have the baseline number from your upload?
      Or if you uploaded the baseline with an API key, you can login and see all your baseline files.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3DMark-R9-390.png
Views:	171
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	52853

Comment

LOL HI DAVE yes that actual setup photo is close to my setup (except my fan is even bigger lol) unfortunetly I dont have the number but I believe that 12275 might have been mine as the top score was 12091 and as I sit here I see it is still reflected as 12091... so I dont know whats going on...however I have just run Passmark again this time memory score and Im pleased to see I got the old gskill v 16c to break its former record and have just uploaded my result of 4446.I would like to ask you if you think its possible that my four sticks are something better than the c-die its meant to be,as Im running them at 3600mhz with timings of 15-19-19-38?for what it is these timings are pretty tight or am I just dreaming? anyway thanks for the pictures of the two fan setups and greetings from South Africa....keep well

Comment

unfortunetly I dont have the number but I believe that 12275
          Local cache lasts for a week for the distribution charts. Then it gets an update from the live web database. It is just a database load control thing.

I would like to ask you if you think its possible that my four sticks are something better
          Memory modules are (or at least should) be sold with a reasonable safety margin. So that even the worst ones in the batch still meet their specifications. Makes sense that sometimes you get lucky and get a good set. People sometimes refer to this as the silicon lottery.

Comment

Thanks as always Dave....keep well

Comment

Working...
            X