No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H motherboard + Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 CPU - CPUMark only 3459

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H motherboard + Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 CPU - CPUMark only 3459

Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H motherboard + Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 CPU - CPUMark only 3459
    Motherboard has BIOS Version F5 with default optimal setting. They have the F6 beta version on their site.
    The CPU is supposed to have 9634 CPU mark.
    https://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+E3-1231...

I have only one pc of 8GB DDR3 installed so it is not in dual channel mode.
    I had a motherboard with AMD FX-8320 before I switched out the motherboard and CPU so the Windows 8.1 x64 might still have some drivers etc for AMD CPU or chipset that I need to clean up?

For troubleshooting, 1. I am going to install 2 4GB memory. 2. Try the F6 beta BIOS. 3. Install a new clean W8x64 on another SSD...

Or anyone has the same problem and a solution before I try above and/or return the motherboard to Amazon?
    I have contacted Gigabyte support. I think the support of this new CPU was just recently added (to BIOS version F5) and it might not fully support. Of course so far no reply from them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xeon E3 1231 V3 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	35207

Name:	Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	35208

Name:	Xeon E3 1231 V3 4.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	35209

Check this post to start with,
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Especially the bits about
    - Temperatures & bad heatsinking
    - msconfig and core count
    - Running 32bit PerforamnceTest on 64bit windows.
    - Windows power modes other crazy software for low CO2 emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Check this post to start with,
      Causes and Solutions for a slow PC
      Well, with my old AMD FX-8320 CPU (and a motherboard that supports it), the CPU mark was about 8062 (what it should be). That means no virus or any other misbehaving software. By changing only the CPU and motherboard to intel, I instantly got only 3459 than the supposedly 9634. That means drivers not right, or motherboard BIOS not optimal. Just wanted to see anyone seen the problem.

Wait, these benchmark tests are software dependent? Newer CPUs usually have fresher OS than those older ones and fresher OS gives better result?

Hmmm. Let me load a new OS on a different SSD and see.

Comment

Working...
      X