best of the best ram score ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best of the best ram score ever

Dear Dave I sometimes run Passmark then wistfully look at the top scores ever and imagine what sort of exotic big bucks systems are involved in making such scores.My particular fascination recently has been memory and was blown away to see that the highest ram score ever was 5795...is it possible for you to tell me what make and model was responsible?Also can you guys tell what memory timings people are using when they upload their results?Thankyou and I will leave you in peace for at least a few days now...keep well

There is a list of the fastest systems in the PerformanceTest database here.

It should include the RAM model number. But sometimes we can't detect the "SPD" data in some sticks. So it is a bit strange that so many are missing the model number. We'll have a deeper look.

Update: Looks like it a a combination of a few factors. Including older versions of PerformanceTest not knowing about the new DDR5 RAM and a Windows 11 patch in the early access ring breaking some data collection ( Win11 build > 22000).

Comment

Thanks Dave,so those top boys are running ddr5?

Comment

Some of them. But there are quite a few running 12th Gen CPUs with DDR4 as well. Which is slightly surprising as DDR5 should be faster than DDR4.
        But DDR5 is new and was hard to find a couple of months ago (even at low clock speeds). So the highest end DDR4 probably does better than the initial DDR5 modules.

Comment

In maybe a year Im crtain ddr5 will fill the top 100 baselines,or does ddr4 still stand any hope? thanks Dave...

Comment

Working...
          X