AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU results

So, I just built a new PC with a Ryzen 7 5700G, and I was testing the CPU with Passmark.

Everything was more or less above/below average results except Prime Numbers and Physics.

So I tried again with longer tests, more iterations, and increasing the number of processes each time.

Until 4 or 5 processes everything is gradually increased. But Physics never goes beyond 730 (average is 1000), and Prime Numbers goes up to more than 100 but only with less than 5 or 6 processes.

Why?

Prime Numbers and Physics are the two tests that are most dependent on the RAM speed.
    Adding more CPU cores doesn't increase the RAM speed. Eventually if you keep adding cores the RAM bottlenecks (or the memory controller in the CPU bottlenecks) and performance per core can even drop slightly.

Here is an example for a 6 core / 12 Thread CPU and 32GB DDR4 PC4-25600
    Per thread performance
    Ignore that 13th thread (that was bad graphing, the result wasn't really zero).

Comment

Hi, yes sorry I realized that before you approved my message, I did the tests with only 1x8 GB DD4 because I hadn't received yet my 2x16 GB DDR4, it's all good now, even better than the average. I did some research before posting but I only found the answer AFTER I posted ><
      But thank you for your answer!

Comment

Working...
      X