Memory Mark speed dropped...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Mark speed dropped...

3 months ago I built a new computer (5600X/2060/32GB DDR4/B550). About 2 months ago I ran Passmark full test (top pic). I just ran it again (bottom pic). My Memory Mark score dropped a good deal... I ran it multiple times 2 months ago and now, they were consistent each time. My 3D Mark is up because I changed out from a 2060 to a 3060Ti about a month ago. Other than that, nothing has changed, I haven't install much software.

I ran the test after a reboot, before launching any programs. I waited a minute for any programs that run at startup to finish.

The other variances are close enough.

Any idea why that would happen?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-23 161316c.png Views:	0 Size:	31.8 KB ID:	54143

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-28 174609c.png Views:	0 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	54142
    Attached Files
    GIGABYTE B550 GAMING X V2, Ryzen 5600X, 3060Ti, 32GB CORSAIR Vengeance

Can you post the individual results from the Memory Mark suite of tests.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Can you post the individual results from the Memory Mark suite of tests.
      I ran a memory diagnostic test as well, no issues found. I did save a baseline from 2 months ago, but I can't load it. I am assuming because I have the evaluation version(can someone confirm that).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-28 211715.png
Views:	249
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	54147

Comment

I did install GeForce experience software when I installed the 3060Ti. FWTW.

Comment

So all the memory tests appear to be a bit low for that hardware config, except the Read Cached & Available RAM results (which depend more on the CPU cache speed and amount of RAM installed respectively).

So I would suspect there really is an issue of some sort.
          Are you sure the RAM is still in the right slots, XMP is on in BIOS and cooling is OK?

Here is a example summary of how a bad RAM setup can impact the results.
          (your 5600X with DDR4 should be better than these results below)
          Click image for larger version  Name:	RAM-Benchmarks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.6 KB ID:	54153

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            So all the memory tests appear to be a bit low for that hardware config, except the Read Cached & Available RAM results (which depend more on the CPU cache speed and amount of RAM installed respectively).

So I would suspect there really is an issue of some sort.
            Are you sure the RAM is still in the right slots, XMP is on in BIOS and cooling is OK?

Here is a example summary of how a bad RAM setup can impact the results.
            (your 5600X with DDR4 should be better than these results below)
            Click image for larger version Name:	RAM-Benchmarks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.6 KB ID:	54153
            I figured it out, and good guess. The BIOS had reset itself for some reason and XMP was disabled (default). I will have to keep an eye on that, if it resets again, I'll worry about why it is doing that.

It all looks good now I included the mem test again just for comparison.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-29 080354.png
Views:	241
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	54155

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-29 080527.png
Views:	231
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	54156

Comment

Good outcome.
              And this is exactly why it is good to use PerformanceTest and keep a baseline file.

Comment

Working...
              X