Getting low score on phenom 965

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting low score on phenom 965

Hey all! I have one small question. I'm getting a score of ~1000 on my CPU which is AMD phenom ii x4 965. Average score of this processor is ~4000.
    Could this be because of many people running benchmarks with this CPU while overclocked? (I've heard it can be good for overclocking)
    Or are there some other reasons? I'm using windows 7 and I haven't touched anything in the BIOS of my mobo so everything is set to default and it should work.

-Kindly regards, Dom

Overclocking doesn't quadruple CPU performance.

More likely you have a hardware problem or configuration issue. e.g the heatsink has fallen off the CPU.

This post covers the common causes for low PC performance.
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Overclocking doesn't quadruple CPU performance.

More likely you have a hardware problem or configuration issue. e.g the heatsink has fallen off the CPU.

This post covers the common causes for low PC performance.
      My heatsing hasn't fallen off.
      I saw single core performance of the phenom 965 is around 1000 so I thought my score is shown only for that and I'll had to multiply it with 4 but then I would have to do that for every single CPU from this list:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	cpu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	34924
      Could this be from a different socket of my mobo? I think it's originally made for FX series and this is AM3 socket if I'm not wrong.

Comment

No, it won't have anything to do with the motherboard socket.
        No, you don't need to multiple the scores by 4.

Again, this post covers the common causes for low PC performance.
        It is likely you have one of the many issues covered in that list.

Comment

If you look at the list, at the top is the same CPU(phenom II x4 955) as yours(even a little lower model), so as David says, there is something wrong with your CPU.

You should really check if your Heatsink is fine or still cooling as it should. Check the temperature with CPU-Z or so while preforming the test. If your CPU is overheating too much, it will shorten its lifespawn.

I once overclocked a cpu to where it shouldnt have been, I had literally lags in windows cause it was too much. Even if I wasnt really doing anything complicated.

Comment

I can second this. On one of my older machines the thermal compound actually dried out which caused the contact to my CPU fan to fail to transfer heat. Soon as the CPU started to overheat the clock went WAY down destroying any and all performance in it. I'd grab a hardware monitor and take a look at your CPU temp, if its looking a bit high you'll want to make sure that the heatsink is properly seated and/or your thermal paste isn't bad.

Comment

Working...
            X