Understanding scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding scores

Hi, looking to understand why 1035G1 would have a higher score, despite having a lower clockspeed and turbo speed. Same number of cores.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 12.57.11.png
Views:	275
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	55633

While technically the same generation (Gen 10), Intel i5-10210U (Comet Lake) is built on older technology (14nm), while i5-1035G1 (Ice lake) used Intel’s new 10nm process that include improvements, larger cache and new instructions support (e.g. AVX-512).

Comment

Originally posted by Richard (PassMark) View Post
      While technically the same generation (Gen 10), Intel i5-10210U (Comet Lake) is built on older technology (14nm), while i5-1035G1 (Ice lake) used Intel’s new 10nm process that include improvements, larger cache and new instructions support (e.g. AVX-512).
      Thanks for the information. Is there a way on the benchmarks to look at the top scoring Gen 10 CPU's for Laptops?

Comment

Originally posted by Sukpmp View Post

Thanks for the information. Is there a way on the benchmarks to look at the top scoring Gen 10 CPU's for Laptops?
        There is a New Laptop chart, but this will only list Laptop CPUs that first appeared in our charts within the last 36 months. You can try to charts by filtering by Socket Type (but not all sockets are available). While not in your chart form, you best bet would be to use the CPU Mega Page and narrow down your selection.

Comment

Working...
        X