When using 3D Mark DirectX 12 Test Error -2003238900 during run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When using 3D Mark DirectX 12 Test Error -2003238900 during run

I am using PerformanceTest 11.0 (Build 1006) 64-Bit and use the evaluation license
    My Windows version is Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.2283
    The graphic card is an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with latest drivers installed.

I got the message "Unexpected error running DirectX 12 Test. Error Number -2003238900" when running the graphic DirectX 12 benchmark, It won't always give this message, but most of the time the benchmark fails here.
    I have also crashes in games that are highly using the graphic card.
    I launched a RAM check with memtest86, but the test passed.

​PerfTestLog.txt
    SysInfoLog.txt
    (I couldn't upload the files directly in the ticket, so I uploaded them to mediafire)

PHP Code:
    Error -2003238900 (D2DERR_RECREATE_TARGET): There has been a presentation error that may be recoverableThe caller needs to recreatererender the entire frame, and reattempt present
    Do you have any screen overlay and/or screen capture software running? If so, try disabling them as they can cause issues.

Or check if there are newer driver available for your graphics card which you should install to see if that stops the error occurring.

Or there may be a possibility that your graphics card is faulty if it is also occurring in other applications.

Comment

Thank you for your response, I do not have any overlay and/or screen capture software running and I have the latest drivers for the card installed (also tried orders one but didn't change a thing). I did run memtestCL and memtest_vulcan to check if the VRAM of the graphic card is faulty, but haven't detected any errors. The weirdest part is that the graphic card was for about a year in another computer but worked just fine, it's just with this new build that I have issues with. (note that this new build is watercooled and had to unmount the air cooling from the card to attach the new waterblock). I tried running 3D Mark directX 12 benchmark Time Spy and an error also occurred, so it isn't software specific.

I am also using an PCIE extension cable for the graphic card, could it come from here?

Comment

I am also using an PCIE extension cable for the graphic card, could it come from here?
        Yes, could definitely be a cause. I am amazed these extension cables work at all, given the timing and voltage tolerances of the PCIe bus. Especially with the higher speeds of PCIe4.0 and 5.0.
        There is no official spec for extension cables and very little compatibility testing done.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post

Yes, could definitely be a cause. I am amazed these extension cables work at all, given the timing and voltage tolerances of the PCIe bus. Especially with the higher speeds of PCIe4.0 and 5.0.
          There is no official spec for extension cables and very little compatibility testing done.
          I have a feeling you were right. I put the graphics card with the extension cable into another PC and had the same crashes, then I retested the benchmarks but this time without the extension cable, and miraculously I didn't have any crashes.
          Furthermore, I decided to order and test with another extension cable, and with this new cable the benchmarks run correctly.
          I have the impression that my original extension cable was the cause of all these graphics problems.

I'm really pleased to have finally identified the problem, it's been a long and tedious process.

Thank you very much for your advice and help.

Comment

Glad you solved it. Thanks for the follow up.

Comment

Working...
            X