Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

benchmarks for xeon e3 v4 and xeon e3 v5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benchmarks for xeon e3 v4 and xeon e3 v5?

I noticed that the CPU benchmark pages don't contain any benchmark data about the Intel Xeon E3 v4 (e.g. E3-1285 v4) and Intel E3 v5 (e.g. E3-1535M v5). These have been launched by Intel in 2015 and are fairly recent. What is the typical lag between Intel releasing a new CPU and the CPU benchmark stats appearing here?

I am mostly interested in Single-Thread Performance stats for these new v4 and v5 processors (released in Q2 and Q3 2015). is there any way i can understand what could be their stats versus the v3 version?

Originally posted by uday View Post
    What is the typical lag between Intel releasing a new CPU and the CPU benchmark stats appearing here?
    Rare low volume CPUs can take a while to appear. Popular mainstream desktop CPUs only take a few days.

Until they appear you can only extrapolate from the existing CPUs, like the Xeon E3-1280 v3 @ 3.60GHz to get a rough idea of how they might perform.

Comment

But isn't the POINT of running benchmarks to see how the new version compares to the previous one?

Comment

Based on comparing other v5 to their v3 counterparts, they only seem slightly faster. Given that v5 cpus cost 10% more, and the v3 boxes are also much cheaper, it makes little sense to adopt v5 at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by BsdGuru View Post
          But isn't the POINT of running benchmarks to see how the new version compares to the previous one?
          We don't (or at least very rarely) benchmark CPUs ourselves for the CPU charts. Nearly all data in the charts comes from user submissions from our PerformanceTest software.

Comment

Working...
          X