New Nvidia cards hitting top limit on 3D test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nvidia cards hitting top limit on 3D test

Have a RTX 4080 Super and RTX 4070 ti Super both maxing out the all 3D tests score chart. Anyway to expand the limit?

We aren't sure what you are referring to. Can you post a screen shot.

Comment

So because I had a RTX 4080 Super that scored slightly less than an RTX 4070 Ti Super in the exact same machine I for some reason assumed that there was a ceiling to the 3D Mark test but I see that's not the case. The curiosity is why the 4080 Super got beat by the 4070 Ti Super in Passmark but other benchmarks showed the expected differentiation in performance?

Comment

On average we rank the 4080 Super as being faster than the 4070 TI. See,
        https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

But the difference isn't huge, around 8% on average. So it would be easy to have some external effect impacting the result by more than 8% on specific machines (e.g cooling issues, wrong PCIe slot, different driver versions, etc...).

What were your actual results for each of the 3D tests?
        ​Was your 4070 faster than the average 4070, or was the 4080 slower than the average 4080.

Comment

So, of course different day different results regardless of numerous previous test runs. Currently 4080 Super 36771 and 4070 Ti Super 36038. They are different manufacturers so could certainly account for the differences.

Comment

Currently 4080 Super 36771 and 4070 Ti Super 36038
            Both results are significantly above average. So likely setup right, with good CPU and RAM. And maybe lightly overclocked.

Comment

Working...
            X