Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a suitable setup for gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a suitable setup for gaming.

I bought arma 2 recently (I know its outdated but hey ho). I'm a massive novice when it comes to the CPU and GPUs ect. and was wondering if I could get help from here. I'm currently running with these specs:

Manufacterer: Packard Bell
    Model: imedia S3210
    Rating: 4.3
    Processor: AMD Athlon 7450 Dual-Core Processor 2.40GHz
    Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
    System Type: 64-bit

Fortunatly I'm not too much of a novice to know that your GPU and CPU have to, in a way 'match'. So my question is this: What is the optimal GPU I could purchase running with the current specifications?

As far as I know the computer hasn't been modified in anyway since it was bought and its straight from the factory.

The system might not have the physical space or a large enough power supply to install a good GPU.

The 2GB of RAM is also totally inadequate by today's standards. It is likely only DDR2 as well. (DDR4 is the current standard). A RAM upgrade is more important than a GPU upgrade.

Current dual core CPU is also pretty rubbish, but the motherboard socket type will limit the upgrade choice. (As might the heat sink and BIOS compatibility).

In short I think it might be a hopeless case. Everything needs replacing.

Comment

Alright, thanks for the speedy reply, I can play arma2 to a point where I'm effective but as you probably realise, the graphics I'm using are pretty shocking. I'll look into getting a new setup then, I'll just save some money and get a gaming pre-built custom setup with ideal specs for arma. Thanks again, really appreciate that people take the time to look and reply to these.

Comment

An extra 2GB of DDR2 RAM only costs $10. So if you are keeping the machine for a while this is an easy, cheap upgrade.

Comment

Working...
        X