"there is not enough free disk space on drive"...can't run disk tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "there is not enough free disk space on drive"...can't run disk tests

I can't run the disk test because Passmark Performance Test stops with this message. I'm using v7.0. I have 5 partitions (WinXP) on my one hard drive, the smallest on has 5gb free space.

Under preferences, Disk Drive under Test shows: C, D,E,F,G, user AppData directory(E), Z (CD/DVD).

Since I believe .5 gb is the minimum requirement for the disk tests, I'm not sure what could be the problem.

Disk Management also shows the five partitions plus the CD/DVD.

Any suggestions?

John

What drive did you select from the preferences window?
    How much free space is on that specific drive?

V7 is an old version now. You might want to consider using V8.

Comment

Drive E: was at the top of the Drive under Test dropdown window, listed as UserApp Data Directory (E. So I assume that was the selected one as I didn't change that. 5gb free space on E:

I just tried v8 and it worked. Then I tried v7 again and it worked. So good news except for this: v7 Passmark rating = 1047.8, v8 Passmark rating= 499. And v7 had trouble with the CD test, first saying that the DVD didn't have a file of a certain size and when I replaced the DVD with a CD, it kept saying the player was extremely slow. On the third try it seems to work and gave me the 1047.8 rating.

So why the difference in ratings between v7 and v8? Is it legitimate?

Comment

I just tried v8 and it worked. Then I tried v7 again and it worked.
        Maybe there was some other process using up the disk space temporarily.

There was a lot of changes between V7 and V8.
        See,
        http://www.passmark.com/products/pt_history.htm

To find the main cause of the different overall result, compare each of the individual test results.

The optical drive test needs a DVD disc with a small number of large files on it in order to get an accurate result. If you want repeatable, comparable results we suggest using these optical test discs.

Comment

The same here to me "There is not enough free disk space on drive X to run disk test".

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0842.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	34970

I run PerformanceTest 8.0 from UFD, made by your "PassMark WinPE Builder for PassMark Programs", build from Win7 PC. The UFD is use to test on PC without OS.

It couldnot test 3D because of lack of DerectX. Could you guide me to install Direct X into USB WinPE by using
          "PassMark WinPE Builder for PassMark Programs"?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0845.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	34971

With Regards. Vu Nguyen

Comment

"There is not enough free disk space on drive X to run disk test".
            The error appear to be correct. Your screen shot shows only 30MB of free space. Which isn't enough for the disk test. Pick another disk with more space to run the test, or free up some space on Drive X:

If you want to run 3D benchmark tests it is probably easier to do so from a full operating system.

Comment

Thank David for your fast reply.
              The problem is that I made the UFD with WinPEBuilder, and use this UFD to Run both PerformanceTest and BurnInTest on the new PC (with emty HD, without operating system at all). So don't know how to "free up space on Drive X:".
              Could you help?

Comment

We do not support running PerformanceTest from WinPE.

In any case, Drive X: is the RAMDisk that is created when WinPE boots and is not a real hard drive. You can change to the drive to run the disk test in Preferences.

As David suggested, if you want to run 3D benchmark tests then do so from a full operating system.

Comment

Working...
                X