PC Build to run Elite Dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Build to run Elite Dangerous

Hi im looking to build a small systum that will run ED and that is all it is for I dont want to spend to much on it Or should I say I cannot afford to spend to much.. Iv been looking to build something along the lines of CPU being a i5-4460 along with a GPU a GTX060? Can anyone see any better or cheaper options to start with. Oh yes I will want it on a micro ATX board so I can put it in a Cube case.. Thanks for any suggestions

All the best Os

Originally posted by Oshb5 View Post
    with a GPU a GTX060?
    I assume you mean a GTX 660?
    An R9 380 or GTX 950 would also be OK. I haven't checked what will fit into a cube case however.

Comment

PC Build for Elite Dangerous

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      I assume you mean a GTX 660?
      An R9 380 or GTX 950 would also be OK. I haven't checked what will fit into a cube case however.

Sorry That was my bad as it should have read GTX960 Although I have been looking at the GTX970 over the last couple of days.. I can get a built M/C around the £650 mark but is without Operating Sys and it gets to me I have a couple of dead laptops with Operating Sys on and the COA sticker on the back yet I have been told I cannot use them?

Anyway back to a build Like said i was going to use a i5-4460 or i5-4509 (well somewhere to get a CPU with bench mark between 6400 and 7000 that is) And the GTX960 4Gb or GTX970 4Gb Im looking for inspiration or just old tried and tested bits
      First of all I would if possible like it to go in a case Like this (Antec ISK 600 Gaming Cube Case)Click image for larger version

Name:	cube.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	34977
      So looking for suggestions for a Powersupply, Mother board, Cooler as a fan or complete sys(i.e. Water), Memory 8/16Gb, DVD, Also I was thinking of having a 1TB HD as a backup to either 240 or 128 SSB as well? Another thing is that I am unsure about WiFi as the whole house is wired for gigabit networking. The TV also although that is the only bit of hardware without a gigabit card. So suggest away please, Price is important as I said Im not a games player but want a system they will run Elite well..

Thank you regards Os

Comment

Working...
      X