Low benchmark scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low benchmark scores

Hello. I recently purchased a laptop with i7 6700HQ cpu and the cpu benchmark scores are really really low... it is about 2700 when the benchmark score should be 8000 for the 6700HQ... i was thinking maybe the most theads don't work properly or something... I was thinking, is it possible to buy a laptop like this (damaged) or should i do some arrangements in order to fix it?

Bad CPUs are rare. Much more likely it is a configuration issue. For example maybe you have a low power scheme active.

See also this post,
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Comment

Low CPU scores on laptops

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Bad CPUs are rare. Much more likely it is a configuration issue. For example maybe you have a low power scheme active.

See also this post,
      Causes and Solutions for a slow PC
      I recently bought a refurbished (couldnt pass the price), looks brand new, Vizio CT14T-B1 laptop.
      It comes with the i7-3635qm cpu. The passmark scores for this cpu are around 6400, but if I test my laptop with power on I am getting scores of 7573 and thereabouts. I didn't realized until reading the comments that laptops must be tested while on power to get the right scores.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X