Windows 7 Crash Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Crash Issues

Just recently built my first PC, everything went well until I finally got my OS installed, Windows 7. I can use it fine but at a random time between 5 to 20 minutes my computer will crash, crashes faster the more I use it. I've tested the RAM with memTest86 and got:

Test: 6 Addr: 87B53098 Expected: 00010800 Actual: 00010000 CPU: 0
    Test: 6 Addr: 11FED7958 Expected: 00000C00 Actual: 00000400 CPU: 0

Blue Screen Viewer shows me bad memory on all the reports, thus led to testing the RAM. I looked on other posts on Test 6 errors and many said it's a different hard ware of to buy new RAM. At this point I'm praying to God this is some form of driver problem...

Specs:
    MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard | EVGA 500W Power Supply | crucial Ballistic 2X8GB | AMD FX CPU Black Edition| WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 64M S3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW

If you are using MemTest86, then there is no operating system and no drivers (at least in the conventional sense). So the changes of it being a driver fault are pretty low.

It is very likely the RAM is bad. Try testing one stick at a time, or just replace the RAM.

Comment

I assumed that was the case... Thank you for the replay. Would you recommend changing brands or can I stay with crucial?

Comment

If they are being replaced under warranty then you'll probably be forced into sticking to the same make & model.

We don't have any good stats on which manufacturer is the most reliable.

Comment

You really need to post your build list.

Is your ram on your motherboard QVL/Approved memory list?

Comment

do you check your windows CD may you have a problem with your Windows version

Comment

Working...
            X