Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage testing for video (renedering/conversion)world

Hello,

As part of integration department in a firm that there domain in video development we are looking for sets of tools to simulate rendering and format conversion to low res,
    Our goal is to do simulating render/conversion from several nodes to san storage for validating real world scenario.
    For that we need to limit each stream/node to its dv 25 or 50 Mbit rate or lower & block size read/write.

My question is would you say it will be possible to do it with Passmark>Advanced Disk Tests in future version or maybe you can advice me for different approach?

Thanks in advanced

As much as I would like to sell you a copy of our software, the best way to benchmark video conversion speeds is to do some video conversions and measure how long they take.

If you are trying to determine the maximum number of different 25Mbit streams you can extract from the SAN and you can't use the real application, then you might need to write custom software or scripting. Or maybe do some testing with PerformanceTest and try to extrapolate the results.

Comment

Working...
    X