CD-RW not testing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-RW not testing!

I have two CD-RW (one with DVD reading), but when I run the full suite of tests (v5.0) I get an error message that says "be sure drive D: is not read only...

Both drives function correctly and the test is selecting the correct drive bay...any thoughts? BTW, without any numbers for CD tests I am testing at 361.

MSI 645 Ultra motherboard
    P4 2.4GHz (512L2, 400FSB)
    Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
    7200 rpm IBM 40GB HDD
    1GB Corsair 2700 DDR
    Lapped Zalman Heatsink
    TDK Bazooka Speakers (Realtek Audio '97)
    Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
    7200 rpm IBM 40GB HDD
    1GB Corsair 2700 DDR
    Lapped Zalman Heatsink

I assume you are using version5 of performanceTest?

There is no message that contains the text, "be sure drive...", in the software. I assume the message you saw was in fact, "Error creating the test file on the drive selected. Check that the drive is not read only."

This message is only displayed for the hard disk test and never for the CD test.

I think that you will find that the drive letter that you have selected for the disk test in the PerformanceTest preferences is not right. You are probably trying to use one of your CD's as a hard disk.

The error message indicates that a test file could not be created for the hard disk test. Becuase the CD drive is a read only device it will never be possible to create a file.

-------
    David
    PassMark

Comment

Yes, you are right - that is the error I'm getting. But it relates to my CD tests, not the HDD tests. I have the option of selecting D: or E: (which are both my CD_RW drives) for the CD tests, but they just don't run. I have a feeling that since my HDD is named F: (not as it should be C it is creating some confustion with the testing software. Can I select a drive letter for the HDD tests? Maybe it's testing that in place of CD. I dunno

Confused in San Diego
      Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
      7200 rpm IBM 40GB HDD
      1GB Corsair 2700 DDR
      Lapped Zalman Heatsink

Comment

OK - got it all working correctly. Does the CD test usually take only a fraction of a second tho? It seemed my score on that part was low, especially for a 48x drive. My overall score was 382.9
        Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
        7200 rpm IBM 40GB HDD
        1GB Corsair 2700 DDR
        Lapped Zalman Heatsink

Comment

Working...
        X