Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOW Marks on Core 2 T5500 - IBM Thinkpad R60

Can anyone pl;ease advise.

I recently purchased a Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad R60 decided to run Performance Test v6.1. The Thinkpad has a Core 2 Duo T5500,1.66Ghz Internal clock speed processor, 1Gb Ram PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM , 80Gb SATA Drive, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950,running XPPro.

The figure came out at 342 and when i added a extra 1Gb to take it up to 2Gb it went up to 460, i would have thought that it would have perhaps started nearer that figure?

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks

I assume you are referring to a PassMark rating of 460 and not one of the other numbers?

Laptops are always slower than desktops, you trade away speed for portability and reduced power consumption. So if you are comparing your result to desktop machines you will be disappointed.

Also, the on-board 950 video give particular low performance for 3D when compared to PCI graphics cards.

There are some baseline files included with the software. These can be found under the 'baseline' menu in PerformanceTest. You can use these to compare the speed of your PC with other PC's.

If you want to compare your machine to more machines, you can purchase the software, and then download additional baseline files from our database of 5000+ benchmark results.

Comment

Working...
    X