Low Passmark Rating - Help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Passmark Rating - Help..

I was testing my performance using PT 6.0 and was wondering why my passmark rating is so low - 450.9 - I was benchmarking it against a similar machine which had an 800 rating and was curious why it is so low and if there is anything I can do to boost performance? Any insight would be appreciated.

Here are my specs:
    P4 3.4 Ghz HT
    4x 1GB qDi Turbo PC 4200 Ram
    Ati x850xt 256mb Vid Card (Upgrading to an Ati x1950xt 512mb)
    2x 250GB Western Digital hard drives in a Raid 0 config.
    Samung CD-RW and Samsung DVD-RW DL
    Windows XP Pro sp2

the problem is your CPU, and your RAM.

P4 are really old now, and you will not get much out of it at all .

As for ram, if there is alot of it, that doesn't mean anything, especially if you dont' use vista, and have a P-4... (I see that as a waste of money), but the thing is, your ram is only 533mhz which is actually quite slow for today's standards...

Otherwise, set your colour depth to 16 bit, and put in a DVD instead of a CD to test.

best of luck

Comment

You might alway want to try V6.1 of PerformanceTest. But I can't see it effecting the results much. The current range of CPU's have about 4 times the processing power than the old P4's

For the machine with the 800 score, you should check why the score was that high. Was it the same CPU? Maybe they had a solid state disk / RAM disk or similar.

Comment

My Gaming Rig gets 708.1. running vista home premium 32

I have an AMD X2 5600+ (beats the crap out of that P4)
        2gigs of DDR2-800 @ 4-4-3-8
        Leadtek 8800 GTS 320MB Extreme @ 540core/1680mem
        Seagate 7200.10 Barracuda 250gig
        Lite-On 20x Dvd Burner w/Lightscribe
        and of course windows vista home premium

Comment

Amm.... ur score isn't that great either... I get a CPU mark of around 1800, and a total passmark rating of 1300 with 6.0, and 1085 with 6.1... So my core 2 duo beats the crap out of your x2 5600+, ok? anymore questions?

Some people do not use computers for gaming, that P4 is good enough for work.

p.s amd is bad

Comment

haha vista home premium? that's sad...

Get ultimate...

Comment

OH MY GOSH .....bragging rights? Why get ultimate when they are the SAME THING? How is that sad? My AMD 5600+ gets around 1150-1275 in 6.1. I would have an overall score of 850 if Nvidia could come out with some drivers...OH, by the way I'm on beta's, and the only thing that's pulling my score down is my 2d score plus my memory score.

p.s. amd is not bad, well at least not for long! the PHENOM is coming....amd quad-core for am2 and am2+ and am3...hee hee hee LOOK OUT!!!
              Last edited by BeepBeep2; Jun-27-2007, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Passmark Score

My Passmark Score was 1104.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHZ (OC to 3.88GHZ) 1333FSB
                2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800Mhx (OC 825Mhz)
                PNY XLR8 Edition Geforce 8800 GT
                Maxtor 250 GB Hard Drive
                24" Acer Full 1080P Widescreen 20000:1 Ratio

So Beat That! LoL

Comment

Originally posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
                  OH MY GOSH .....bragging rights? Why get ultimate when they are the SAME THING?
                  There are differences. The Group Policy Editor is only available in Vista Ultimate, for example, and I am more comfortable using it to tweak settings than the after market products available for Vista.
                  Mike

Comment

My Passmark Score was 1907.9

Intel dual quad core 64bit processors @ 2.00 Ghz (8 x 2.00 Ghz) 1333FSB
                    8GB PC2-5300 EEC Fully Buffered Memory (DDR2)
                    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS (512MB)
                    Primary HD is a 75 Gig SAS drive spinning at 15K

Pasted

Comment

Originally posted by ice View Post
                      Amm.... ur score isn't that great either... I get a CPU mark of around 1800, and a total passmark rating of 1300 with 6.0, and 1085 with 6.1... So my core 2 duo beats the crap out of your x2 5600+, ok? anymore questions?

Some people do not use computers for gaming, that P4 is good enough for work.

p.s amd is bad

..And my "crappy" AMD 6000+ get 1970 in the cpu test. Bet your cpu cost 50% more than mine though..

Comment

Working...
                      X