Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats My test like for my machine? (Mainly intrested in GFX score)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats My test like for my machine? (Mainly intrested in GFX score)

Hi,

I am trying to solve a problem with my machine, I am getting allot lower FPS then normal in games, I am trying to find out if its either my Gainward 7900GS or my motherboard, so I would mainly like to know what my score is like for my 7900GS.

Asrock K8S8X
    Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8GHZ
    1x 1GB 1x512mb Samsung PC3200 400Mhz
    OCZ Modstream 520w
    Gainward Bliss 7900GS 512MB @ 1.4Ghz
    Emu 1820m Audio Card
    Artic/Zalman cooling
    Dell 19" & 17" Monitors
    Windows XP Pro
    Last edited by Nain; Aug-27-2007, 06:37 PM.
    Asrock K8S8X
    Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8GHZ
    OCZ Modstream 520w
    Emu 1820m Audio Card
    Artic/Zalman cooling
    Dell 19" & 17" Monitors
    Windows XP Pro

Sorry about that, images are up, if you need any more info please say
    Asrock K8S8X
    Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8GHZ
    OCZ Modstream 520w
    Emu 1820m Audio Card
    Artic/Zalman cooling
    Dell 19" & 17" Monitors
    Windows XP Pro

Comment

My guess would be that some of the games you are playing are newer games and are fairly CPU intensive. And that the lack of CPU power is lowering your frame rate more than the graphics card.

The Athlon 2800+ is now a fairly slow old CPU. At the moment it is ranked as the 180th fastest CPU.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for a response,

Yes its a old cpu, however as I said I am getting allot lower fps then normal, for example, 2 games I play which where running allot smoother before the problem started.

GTR2 racing game:

Before:

24 cars on line with high settings, 55-160fps, depending on the track, if there was a big crash involving multiple cars the fps would of dropped to 34 at the lowest.

Now:

24 cars on line with high settings, 32-120fps, depending on the track, if there is a big crash involving multiple cars the fps will drop to 3-15 and the game will go really slow, even freeze up at times and I would either have to wait for it to settle down or press escape to exit the track.

Also, sometimes its ok but then in a race the fps would drop loads to about 12-34 and I would not be able to drive, then after about 20 seconds the fps would go back up again.

Americas Army Shooting Game:

Just getting allot lower fps then I was before, about 10-30fps lower.

I have tested all my other hardware i.e CPU/Memory/PSU/Hardrives etc and there is nothing wrong with them, so It has come to either a problem with my board or my 7900GS, I have tried reinstalling my games and even did a format about 5 days ago.

I did the format just after the problem started, I was playing GTR2 and my game went really really slow and when I went back to windows my PC was also being really slow and I had to do a hard shutdown, then after that my pc would not boot, said I had files missing, so i guessed it was either a virus or a hardware problem.

My 7900GS score on 3dMark is normal, so if my 7900GS score is normal on Performance Test does this mean I don't have a problem with my 7900GS?

Thanks
        Asrock K8S8X
        Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8GHZ
        OCZ Modstream 520w
        Emu 1820m Audio Card
        Artic/Zalman cooling
        Dell 19" & 17" Monitors
        Windows XP Pro

Comment

Sound more like a software or networking issue to me.

Hardware faults tend to cause a total failure (application crash or system crash). It is pretty rare that a hardware fault results in slightly slower performance. The exception is maybe overheating causing CPU/GPU throttling, hard drives that start reallocating bad sectors at the wrong time, or intermittent network cabling.

Are you sure it isn't just internet lag?

Comment

Yes positive, I have tested the games offline and its the same, I also monitor my temperatures and I have had no overheating problems either, its not slightly slower performance either, it gets pretty bad at times

Thanks
            Asrock K8S8X
            Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8GHZ
            OCZ Modstream 520w
            Emu 1820m Audio Card
            Artic/Zalman cooling
            Dell 19" & 17" Monitors
            Windows XP Pro

Comment

Working...