Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD X4 phenom

NOW !!! i have question for you !!!
    i want to ask that as you know that AMD launc their new desktop processor called phenom .it has L3 cache which i dont understand.can you make me clear that what L1, L2, and L3 cache is for?i mean will AMD phenom be faster with L3 cache inside thier CPU.i think u dont have any beckmark for this latest cpu so u must upgrade ur website now.do you have any idea ?

Desipte the recent release of the Phenom, they are only available in very small quantities. So almost nobody has one of these CPUs are yet.

Extra cache just means the CPU will need to access main RAM less often (which is a slow operation compared to getting the same data from local cache RAM inside the CPU)

If anyone does have one of these chips it would be great if you could upload you benchmark results. After running all the tests select "Baselines" / "Upload baselines to web" from the menu in PerformanceTest.

Comment

The first Phenom 9500 benchmark results are up in the charts.

I have to say that we are a little bit disappointed. Not that the performance is all that bad, it is just that we were expecting more after all the hype leading up to it.

The 9500 is the base model, so maybe the faster models will look a bit better.

Comment

Working...
      X