Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if machine is dual core, does score reflect this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if machine is dual core, does score reflect this?

I have just tried this test suite on an HP dual core laptop, and the numerical performance numbers are somewhat less than I would have expected. I suspect that only one of two cores is being utilized, and that the score does not reflect the presence of the second core. Is this correct?

Phillip

Originally posted by pfeldman View Post
    I have just tried this test suite on an HP dual core laptop, and the numerical performance numbers are somewhat less than I would have expected. I suspect that only one of two cores is being utilized, and that the score does not reflect the presence of the second core. Is this correct?

Phillip
    Well I have a quad core and during the cpu test all cores are @ 100%. Even when I had my e6600 both cores were @ 100% during the test. I see no reason it would be different for you.

I'm basing this off the vista gadget that shows core usage and memory usage for reference.
    Intel Q9450
    EVGA 790i Ultra Motherboard
    4gb OCZ DDR3 1600 @ 7-7-7-24
    2 x EVGA 8800GT's KO Edition
    74gb Raptor HDD
    Vista Ultimate x64

Comment

The CPU test can and will use all cores that are available.

The other tests, like the disk test, are single threaded (only use a single CPU core). But these other tests wouldn't get so much of an advantage from multiple cores.

You can check and adjust the number of processes / threads used for the CPU test from the edit / preferences window.

You'll also notice that the 8 core systems top the CPU benchmark charts.

Comment

Working...
      X