2D Fonts & text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D Fonts & text

The results I am seeing for 2D graphics fonts & text is horribly low compared to the benchmarks. I
    am getting something like 16. This is on a Windows 98 system. I have tested the software on several
    machines & I somehow I got one of them to give comparable results to the benchmarks, but I can't
    figure out what I did to get it to perform better. There must be a configuration setting that makes
    it perform well. Any suggestions on what to change?

For the 2D fonts & text test, you can only get good results if you have a graphics card that supports 2D hardware acceleration and the right device driver for the card.

So on a P4 2.8Ghz machine with a ATI Radeon 7500 (Dual monitor) the test result is 108. With hardware acceleration turned off (in the advanced display properties) the result drops to 78.

The result is also dependant on the "Performance Options" selected in the "System properties" in the Windows control panel (in Windows XP).

For example selecting "Adjust for best performance" instead of "Adjust for best appearance" made the result jump from 108 to 152. An almost 50% increase in speed.

------
    David
    PassMark

Comment

Please see the following thread for a solution to the low 2D Fonts and Text results: http://www.passmark.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=367#367
      Ray
      PassMark Software

Comment

Working...
      X