Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low CPU score?

Hello,

I'm currently running a Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20 each core, however when running the CPU performance test, I get a score of 176.3.. which looking at the PassMark CPU Lookup, it displays a PassMark score of 1,029. Am I doing something wrong here?

Can you post the actual results.
    Also see this post about Common reasons for a PC running slowly

Comment

Hope this helps.

Comment

As far as the questions in the link you sent me...

I run AVG Antivirus Pro with up-to-date virus defs., Ad-aware, and Spybot (with Teatimer).

I've checked the BIOS, but I don't see anything in the power options that would be turned on to limit CPU output.

I indeed did not have the "Processes" under Edit > Prefs set to 2, but it only upped my score to 174.6

I also have the latest BIOS version. To anyone who happens to have this processor and Vista, my Windows Experience Index is only 4.3, lower than I thought it should be.

Comment

My guess is that one of your two cores is not being used.

You should not have to edit the number of processes. If you have 2 cores available then it should already be set to 2.

Also your score is only about 56% of what is should be. Which is another indication that the 2nd core is not being used.

I can't tell you why one core is not available, but at least it is something to investigate.

Comment

Working...
          X