No announcement yet.

Test results, (ARE THESE RESULTS GOOD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test results, (ARE THESE RESULTS GOOD)

CPU: AMD Athlon XP Barton 3200+ 2.2 GHz (Socket-A)
    Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400 (Socket-A)
    Memory: Corsair TWINX XMS3200 DDR 2GB CAS3 2 DIMMS
    Hard Drive: Serial ATA150 250GB
    DVD Drive: LITE-ON Black 16x DVD/48x CD-ROM
    DVD±RW/DVD-RAM Drive: Plextor Black PX-708A CD-RW/DVD/DVD±RW
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 XT Retail 256MB DDR

Pass Mark Rating- 400.5
    megaFLOPS - 718.9

Is this good, should it be better, what can i do to improve this? Please help me

UPDATE

I retested the system and got:
    Total Result = 458.1
    Max Megaflops = 734.6

I was wondering if this is a good score for my setup which i previously listed. Please help me. Thank you.

Comment

The results you have posted were from version 4 of PerformanceTest. Version 5 is now available but becuase of the changes between the two versions the results should be directly compared.

So you might want to repeat the tests with V5

It is also possible for people who have purchased the PerformanceTest software to download comparison baseline files. See this page,
      http://www.passmark.com/baselines/

Anyway a PassMark rating of 458 is a good result in V4. It is not up there with machines using RAID hard drives and dual CPUs, but never the less it is a fast machine.

---------
      David
      PassMark

Comment

Performance test

how can you tell that the results are from V4? I know i used the V4 software but from just looking at the numbers how can you tell? Also what can i do to my system to make it faster?
        Thank YOu

Comment

RAID hard drives

What is a RAID hard drive? Can i change my system to have this? What is different about it? How much faster is it? Is it worth the money? PLease help me. Thank You
          SHawn

Comment

In V5 of PerformanceTest we dropped the MegaFLOPS test becuase we introduced a new suite of CPU tests. So it was obvious you were using V4.

There is tons of information about RAID on the net. It is basically using 2 or more disk drives at the same time to obtain speed or reliability improvements (or both). You need a motherboard that supports it (or seperate RAID card) and multiple hard drives.

-------
            David
            PassMark

Comment

Working...
            X