8800GT......2D issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8800GT......2D issues

hello all, ok i will get right to the point here.....swapped out a raid0 array last week(2 wd caviars 320 7200 rpm) and slapped in (2 wd 36gig raptors 10,000 rpm.....well after installing os(xp home sp2everything, raid,chipset and video drivers i took a test here, v6.1 and cant believe the performance hit i got in 2d.......checked it out over @pcpitstop w/pretty much the same hit.......i dont no why this would happen.......i have installed many raid0 arrays and nothing like this has ever happened.........my scores in 2d were fine w/the other set-up i had........did not change any settings anywhere either.......i was using 169.06 drivers for both test......i will post results of both tests below......i know the drivers of today are geared more toward 3d, but this just doesn't seem right.......the card im talking about is a 8800gt by evga.......the card is like 1 month old, no heat issues or anything else........and also i dont see a difference in real world performance(yet)this is intel(software)raid.......

im basically just curious why this would happen......score went down, and i know it shoul of went up.......other drivers i have tried, 169.02 up to 169.28..also , i run driver sweeper........still the same results........by the way these test were run in high performance mode, tried quality, but still the same......the 3d will change but 2d wont budge.......so if anybody could enlighten me on this issue i would really like to know........thank you for your time.......IntelMan.........

test........top is with old raid0....bottom is w/new raid0..........

By scott38 at 2008-03-03
    antec 1200 case
    antec truepower 650watt psu
    gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p mobo
    q9300@3.4560 lapped
    2 gigs corsair dominator@922mhz
    evga 8800gt----@730/1710/1920
    2--WD 36gig raptors---10,000rpm raid0
    xigmatec 128 rifle cpu cooler lapped
    sony dvd/cd

You didn't state what O/S you were using before the upgrade and re-install. There are known performance bugs with the NVidia drivers in 2D. but your issue might just be one of Windows settings.

You claim "did not change any settings anywhere", but I can't see how you can be sure of this if you re-insalled the entire O/S and all the drivers.

Maybe you had some of the Windows visual effects disabled in your previous setup (from the Windows control panel / System / Advanced / Performance / Settings / Visual effects).

Comment

hello passmark, sorry for some missing info, the os i was running was windows xp home sp2........and that is what i reinstalled again.......as far as not making any adjustments, i was referring to the bios......only took like 5 minutes.......ok drivers, used the mobo disk, my floppy disk for raid0, and cd from evga to put all the drivers back on.......so no changes in the bios, and i have the same drivers in i had before w/the original raid 0 array........all are current also.........a change in windows is probably the culprit ,but i cant figure it out....i applied all my normal tweaks, and also i have windows effects set to best performance........i get rid of that right away, cant stand the blue colors........i have been working on this all week, google and google some more, till i gave up.......

all up to date w/m$ updates, no virus,or spyware.....nvidia drivers.......maybe that is the problem, but i used the ones i mentioned in my post, and currently and still have the same issue.......well anyway i will look through windows, maybe i missed something.......i will also look into driver, like 171.xx, double check the bios again...and if nothing fixes it, i can live w/it..realtime performance has not changed........thank you for your time.......IntelMan
      antec 1200 case
      q9300@3.4560 lapped
      sony dvd/cd

Comment

Well im just writing to close out this thread......still the same results in 2d test......i must of changed something some where, where ever that is, is beyond me....no performance loss, so i will just forget about it........i may one day find a tweak i missed on accident, but i have so many it is hard to keep track of them.......

thanx for your time...........IntelMan..........
        antec 1200 case
        q9300@3.4560 lapped
        sony dvd/cd

Comment

Working...
        X