3D lock up during complex 3D test with Dell XPS T650r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D lock up during complex 3D test with Dell XPS T650r

My Dell xps T650r computer locks up when the 3D test progress bar gets half way across.

The 3D test doesn't have a progress bar. There is a progress bar showing how far through a full test run PerformanceTest is and I guess that this is what you mean.

It would have helped if you had provided some details about your hardware and the problem. e.g. CPU, RAM, O/S, DirectX version, video card, PerformanceTest version, driver versions, if the problem happens from time to time or all the time, etc.........

If the whole computer locks up this is normally a sign of a hardware probem or a bug in a device driver.

--------
    David
    PassMark

Comment

This happened to me tonight. I had the screen setup for 1152 so reduced to 800x600. the 3d complex part then run fine giving me a score of 417.
      Happy with that but wish my SATA drive was faster

Comment

Glad to hear that you got it working.
        1152 pixels horizontal resolution is not such a common setting. 800, 1024 or 1280 are more common. The company that made your video card device driver software probably never tested it very well at 1152 and the driver most likely has a bug that prevents it working correctly.

--------
        David
        PassMark

Comment

Working...
        X