Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PerformanceTest V5 & blue screen of death with SIL RAID!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PerformanceTest V5 & blue screen of death with SIL RAID!

Have a latest hardware. Just installed Perf. test version 5 gives me blue screen of death in win2000.

Only info I see is a problem related with Perf. test and SATA RAID driver for onboard Silicon Sil3112 Serial ATA controller. Disk works in max: 150 Mb/s SATA mode.

That was bad idea to install over with new version of perf. test.

-SomeMan.

There have been several people who have downloaded cracked software from hacker sites and then complain that it doesn't work as expected or it has done somethng unexpected to their machine. Needless to say this is your own problem.

However if you have download a clean copy of the software from our web site here,
    http://www.passmark.com/download/
    and still have a problem we would like to hear about it.

If you have a BSOD you need to,

1/ Note down the information that appears on the BSOD and post it with your problem. The information on the BSOD will often give a good hint about where the problem is. For example there is often the name of the device driver that has the bug and caused the crash. e.g. USBUHCI.SYS, NTFS.SYS, NV4MINI.SYS, etc...

2/ Tell us when the problem happens. Was it during the install? Was it when you ran the software for the first time. Was it only after it reached the 3D test, etc..

3/ Tell us about your hardware and O/S. In particular which O/S, which video card and which motherboard and CPU if you know the details.

4/ If PT crashed while starting up, run PerformanceTest in debug mode and E-Mail or post the log file. See this page for details about debug mode,
    http://www.passmark.com/support/pt5debug.htm
    This can provide an enormous amount of information for startup crashes.

--------
    David
    PassMark

Comment

There is a new driver available for SIL RAID systems on the Microsoft Windows update page that corrects at least one BSOD crash problem. The RAID device driver software can crash if any software (including PerformanceTest) tries to access the SMART parameters.

This will most likely correct your problem.

-------
      David

Comment

Additional information:
        This problem was seen (and resolved) on a Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard and Sil 3512 RAID Revision 1

------
        David

Comment

Any chance of a link to this update, as I have the same problem with my Gigabyte PRO2 mobo raid configured hard drives and running Windows XP Pro...

Comment

The update appeared in the Windows update.
            http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

-------
            David
            PassMark

Comment

Working...
            X