Poor 3d Graphics mark for ATI 3780?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor 3d Graphics mark for ATI 3780?

I recently ran my performance test on my machine as a check up and was shocked to see a 3d mark of 61.7! My other scores seem to benchmark within teh range for other similar systems. I am running an ATI 3780 w 512 of memory. I have the latest drivers from AMD (Catalyst 8.5) and running under Vista 32 SP1. The lowest 3d score i benchmarked to for a similar machine ran a score of 386 and I've seen as high as 874. My monitors (dual) refesh is set to 75 hz if that matters but i cant for the life of me figure out the score. My games run fine as i have been playing Frontlines: Fuel of War and Timeshift with smooth frame rate and no problems.
    Any thoughts?

What were the frame rates for the individual 3D tests?

Comment

Individual 3d tests. (And sorry, its 3870!)

Graphics 3d Simple = 74.9
      Graphics 3d Medium = 74.9
      Graphics 3d Complex = 40.3
      3d Grpahics Mark = 60.8

My Windows Vista Experience Index for Graphics is 5.9 with a system score of 5.6.

Thanks for taking a look!

Comment

The first 2 tests had their frames rates limited to the monitor refresh rate.
        (74.9 Frames / sec is very close to 75hz)
        This is why the result was low.

There is a setting in the PerformanceTest Edit / Preferences window to allow frames rates above the monitor refresh rate. But some device drivers also have an additional separate setting (under Windows display properties). From a visual quality point of view however you don't gain anything by increasing the frame rate above the monitor's rate.

Comment

Interesting

Thanks for the feedback and for the information. Its a great bit of data.

Comment

POOR 2D GRAPHICS!! ON HD3850 shapphire

Help. I'm getting really low 2d performance in LINES and SHAPES.
            Something about 100% lower than expected.

Im using a intel c2d e6850, asus p5k3 deluxe, 3gb corsair 1333.

The other values are normal.

Is there any chance of being a damage in the VGA? Some driver issue??

Suggestions? Thank you very much.
            [IMG]file:///G:/Users/RAFAELMD/Pictures/2d.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Is there any chance of being a damage in the VGA? Some driver issue??
              It is very unlikely to be physical damage. More likely the other video card you are comparing it to is just faster. Or you have different drivers, or you are running in the different config. e.g. we have seen dual monitor configurations negatively effect 2D performance.

Comment

In fact, i'm comparing with HD3850 too.
                Do you know what are the expected results to my vga so?
                I think they are low anyway, or they arent?
                Is there a better version of catalyst than 8.5 to use in this one?

thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X