Automated Scripting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated Scripting

I have created a script to run performance test and export the results to HTML which works just fine. After I got that done I wanted to load a baseline file when executing the script so that when the results were exported there would be a comparison in the report. I don't know if there is something that I am doing incorrectly, but I cannot seem to get this to work. Below is the script and the .bat file that runs it. Can someone please help with this?

Script:
    # This command suppresses all warnings from the application.
    SUPPRESSWARNINGS ON
    # Other Pre commands that need to be set.
    SET3DMAX
    SETDISK "C:"
    # This sets the time for testing in seconds for each test.
    SETDURATION 30
    # This is the command to launch all the CPU tests that will be run
    SETPCPUTESTPROCESSES 5
    RUN CPU_ALL
    # This is the command to launch 2d testing
    RUN G2D_ALL
    # Command for 3d Graphics testing
    # RUN G3D_ALL
    #Command for testing Memory
    RUN ME_ALL
    # This is Command sets the for disk testing and then tests.
    RUN DI_ALL
    # The CD test is to be left commented out unless we are asked to test this.
    # RUN CD_ALL
    #This command is to export the results to a file.
    EXPORTHTML "C:\Aerlig\ClientCARE\Reports\PT Daily\Daily.html"
    # This command exits the application after the testing.
    EXIT

Batch File:

cd c:\Aerlig\ClientCARE\Applications\PerformanceTest
    pt.exe "C:\Aerlig\ClientCARE\Reports\Baseline\Initial Baseline.pt" /s pt-daily.pts /

I need to get this done quickly so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

The overall goal for this would be that when the HTML file is exported the results are displayed side by side like I get when I run the test manually. I would like this to be automated in the middle of the night on machines so that at the end of every month I can show the client trends on how my companies services improve the overall performance of their workstations.

Comment

Unfortunately, in PerformanceTest v6, the script file command line parameter is not compatible with the load baseline parameter, so what you are trying to do is not supported.

As a side note, if no path in included with the script file, then the User’s personal directory will be first tried, then the pt.exe directory. To specify another directory, the full path should be specified.
      We will look at improving this in the next major version of PerformanceTest.

Regards,
      Ian

Comment

Working...
      X