Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performance Test v6.1 x86 on Server 2008 crashing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Test v6.1 x86 on Server 2008 crashing...

I cant seem to get the software to run on 2008 server (x86).. it runs fine on Vista and Vista x64 (same code base on vista sp1 as 2008 server rtm)..

I get an error stating: PerformanceTest Benchmark Software has stopped working... here is the info:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: pt.exe
    Application Version: 6.1.1001.9
    Application Timestamp: 45d24fd7
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_9e47
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000096
    Exception Offset: 00d63498
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.274.38
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 9e47
    Additional Information 2: 6e5e799c2289252d6fbf13ad3e4fcc7c
    Additional Information 3: 8013
    Additional Information 4: ecf6ab3e1e9c1dd2df21bf6d7cedd834
    Read our privacy statement:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

I've tried running as administrator, setting to xp mode.. nothing works..

Any thoughts or will there be a patch/new version out to make this work soon?

Thanks

We are not aware of any issues with W2008. Can you make a start up log file and post it here or E-mail it to us.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      We are not aware of any issues with W2008. Can you make a start up log file and post it here or E-mail it to us.
      I tried the debugmode option, again with 6.1, i couldnt find the log file generated anywhere..

I also tried safe mode... same error..

Not sure if it matters, but i'm running as a Virtual Server under Virtual Server 2005.. i havent had any issues doing so before (OS's other than 200.

Comment

It might be crashing before any code is executed. But there were details on the debug page as to where the log file is location.

We haven't tested Windows Server 2008 running inside Virtual Server 2005. We did some testing directly on Windows Server 2008 without a problem.

You should also make sure you have the latest version of PerformanceTest

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
          It might be crashing before any code is executed. But there were details on the debug page as to where the log file is location.

We haven't tested Windows Server 2008 running inside Virtual Server 2005. We did some testing directly on Windows Server 2008 without a problem.

You should also make sure you have the latest version of PerformanceTest
          That was odd, i downloaded the 6.1 exe again, re-ran setup and it worked (in safe mode).. ill try regular mode again, but i suspect it will be fine.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X