c762nr what to expect from upgrade, T2370 to T7300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c762nr what to expect from upgrade, T2370 to T7300

This is my processor ratings. I guess typical for a t2370. I am upgrading to a t7300 I should be receiving it tuesday. I know these scores suck. But it will be interesting (to me at least) to see the differences, considering the processor I'm getting is way better than the one I have
    Test NameThis Computer CPU - Integer Math143.9 CPU - Floating Point Math387.6 CPU - Find Prime Numbers406.9 CPU - SSE/3DNow!3186.0 CPU - Compression3742.1 CPU - Encryption22.9 CPU - Image Rotation761.2 CPU - String Sorting1596.2 CPU Mark902.2 PassMark Rating243.6

It should give about a 20% increase in CPU speed. But if you are still using the same disk, RAM & MB, then the machine probably won't seem dramatically faster in day to day use.

Comment

Ram isin't being changed. I am however going to do a few stock tests with the 1gb that was loaded when I bought the pc. Then do the test with the new processor and then do the test with the processor and the 2gb ram.

20% is based on what? the l2 cache is increased by 3gb and the speed is .8ghz more. 20% seems about right, and is actually quite good. I wonder if anything else, like ram speed or graphics speed, will also be affected by the processor upgrade?

Comment

The 20% figure was based on the CPU graphs here.

More RAM won't make the CPU any faster. But might make the computer faster if you are using applications that need a lot of RAM.

Comment

yeah I concur. I wasn't going to do anything to this computer. I mean I got it for 360.00. It was meant to be a computer to have at work. But I like it so much I sold my desktop mac daddy system and am now upgrading this one.

A little interesting note, this processor that I bought (t7300) is the same they offer in the macbook pro. The only thing thats really, and I mean REALLY lacking is the graphics (gma x3100). But this is not a gaming computer. But it would be cool to boot up a good looking game and show it off a little more. But still for about 550 dollars you cant beat it. I get the processor tomorrow, barring that I have enough time, Ill do the tests tomorrow and really see how its going to affect the computer

Comment

ok boys and girls, just installed the processor and it did exactly as expected

cpu mark: was 903.3 now 1166.5 (22.6% increase)

2D graphics mark: was 249.1 now 293.8 (15.2% increase)

memory mark: was 407.6 now 553.8 (26.4% increase)

Passmark Rating: was 429.2 now 531.2 (19.2% increase)

The memory is now running at 667 which is why the increase in memory marks. And obviously the increase in all others are because of the processor. Not too bad. I have spent 600.00$ total and i have a pretty rockin system. should I load windows 64bit now?

Comment

Check all your hardware has 64bit device drivers before installing Windows 64bit.

32bit device drivers won't work with 64bit.

Comment

yeah true, I believe people have and are running 64bit vista on these machines before. I'll surely check. I'm loving this new processor though, I have noticed a change in speed for sure

Comment

Working...
                X