Advanced disk test for 3600+ seconds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced disk test for 3600+ seconds?

Is it possible to customize the test time for the Advanced Disk test? Ideally we'd like to test continuously for 2 hours while the system is undergoing vibration testing. Currently the max test time is 3600 seconds (1 hour).

Sounds like you aren't really benchmarking the hardware, but testing reliability?

In which case BurnInTest might be a better choice than PerformanceTest.

With BurnIntest you can run the disk test for several days at a time, and it also verifies the data read is correct. PerformanceTest just assumes that data is correct when read, but doesn't check each byte.

Comment

We're very familiar with BurninTest- it's a great product that we use extensively to qualify our systems. In this instance BurninTest was used to prove the hard drive functions properly without error during vibration testing.

What we're after is the percentage of slowdown experienced by the hard drive during vibration testing. The vibration test profile runs for 2 hours and spans a number of frequencies. We plan to correlate the graphical output of Performance Test against the vibration curve to find the worst case frequencies.

Thanks,
      Dan

Comment

The test duration field for the advanced disk test only supports values of between 20 and 3600 seconds.

I don't suppose it would be possible to restart the disk test 1 hour into the vibration testing (e.g. with a wireless mouse / keyboard)?

Otherwie we could implment what you want via small custom development job.

Comment

We are considering having Passmark customize Performance Test for our requirements. I responded to the 'Passmark Support Forums' email with some questions on this. Please let me know if there's a better contact method I should use.

Thanks,
          Dan

Comment

Working...
          X