Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core i7 965 low peformance score

Hello

Why the Core i7 965 have a result so low compared for example with Core i7 920? In what conditions is that those guys make the cpu tests for give this strange result? Don't forget that is a Nehalem Core i7 extreme processor at 3.2ghz frequency per core. In the sintetic tests i have sow through of the internet this processor have a global perfomance between 40% and 50% more than the Core 2 quad qx9770 extreme and in addition it is a processor with the multiplier unlocked and it benefits of the Turboboost technology for increase the perfomance.

The charts are made up of a mix of results taken on 64-bit and 32-bit OS's (there are also 32 and 64-bit versions of PerformanceTest). 64-bit results tend to be somewhat faster. Usually the mix of results balances out and does not cause the CPU's to appear out of order on the charts. However in this case, due to the low sample size, it has. There are currently 2 results for each processor, as it turns out both of the 920's were run on 64-bit systems whereas both the 965's were run on 32-bit systems, making them appear slower.

Comment

Working...
    X