Replace baseline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace baseline

Adaptec released new firmware and drivers this week, right after I ran a series of tests which resulted in baseline #14936. I ran new tests with the same hardware and settings using the new drivers and got higher scores, which also happened in other benchmarks.

I uploaded the new test as baseline #14959. Can you delete the previous test so the new one can make it to the Top Ten page?

Mike

The older baseline has been removed.

Comment

Thanks. However, the newer baseline either was deleted or blocked, or both. I uploaded it again as BL 14999, but it didn't show up, so it looks as though something is still blocking it.
      Mike

Comment

Your disk score is too high. There is a max limit on the disk score to stop people cheating with ram disks and other such devices. The limits/methods we use to exclude baselines from the top ten needs a review. However we are not planning on doing anything with it until we release PT7.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael (Passmark) View Post
          Your disk score is too high. There is a max limit on the disk score to stop people cheating with ram disks and other such devices. The limits/methods we use to exclude baselines from the top ten needs a review. However we are not planning on doing anything with it until we release PT7.
          Does that mean Performance Test 7 will be released soon?

I uploaded a 7 Beta test tonight:

The disk results seem similar to the version 6 results, and so are the results in other benchmarks:

I've never seen an uneqivocable change in performance after a disk controller firmware update, so the 15-25% increase with the 16343 Adaptec firmware was a big surprise. It is present in 32-bit and 64-bit XP and 64-bit Vista, and there were no hardware changes, no software changes common to all three operating systems, and the few software changes were trivial and unlikely to improve disk performance.
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X