Brand new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new computer

Hi, i just bought Performance test to see how good my brand new pc is. It has AMD athlon X2 7750 Black Editon and ATI HD4830. Well i got a 540 the first time and 471 the second. i thought it was supposed to let me see how i stand amongst others but i cant figure that out. But isnt this low for a brand new pc?

You can compare you machine to others from the baseline menu in the software.

500'ish would seem a little low for a new machine. But the AMD 7750 isn't the faster CPU available either.

Comment

wow. Someone told me 7750 Black edition was perfect for gaming. Yea, it was only 80 bucks. The 4830 doesnt help? and the 2gb ram and 320gb HDD dont account for nothing in this test?

Comment

By our reckoning there are 111 different CPU's on the maket today that are faster than the 7750. AMD released a whole new generation of CPUs to replace the Athlons. It was called the Phenom. Then they recently released a another new range, the Phenom II's to replace the older Phenom's. The Athlons a effectively 2 generations old. Did you really think $80 was going to get you the cutting edge of technology?

There are at least 10 ranges of cards on the market faster than the 4830 video card. The Geforce GTX, 285,280,295, 9800, 8800, the Radeons 4870, 4850, etc.. Not that it is a bad card, but is isn't top of the line either.

2GB of RAM is at the low end by current standards. Our new machines all have 3GB to 6GB. And more RAM doesn't add much to speed in any case.

320GB hard drives is also small. Typical drives are now 500GB to 1TB. But more free disk space doesn't add to performance either.

There is a difference between performance and capacity.

Comment

Working...
        X