Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i7 920 decreasing the performance

Hello,

In the tests posted for you that processor has reduced the peformance with the pass of the time. I donīt understand very much of that syntetic tests that you made but i think that a processor like Core i7 920 despite it isn't the top of the Nehalem Core i7 processors but this processor should have a better performance. The Core i7 940 has increased the performance in your tests, why is this has reduced? It is a processor superior to qx9770 or qx9775 for example.
    Last edited by Luis Pratas; Feb-19-2009, 10:20 AM.

It would have been good if you had posted the actual numbers you are refering to.

Are you refering to the CPU chart?

The numbers in the CPU chart will change slightly over time as more people submit results and we average them out.

The Core i7 920 is currently just ahead of the qx9770. But there isn't much in it, only about 4% difference, desipte that fact that the qx9770 is running at a 25% higher clock speed.

Could it be that you have just purchased an expensive i7 chip on an expensive X58 motherboard with expensive DDR3 RAM, and you are now a little annoyed to find out that you could have got similar performance from a cheaper system?

Comment

Working...
    X