Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

get PT7 to run with out getting the 3D test error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mahmoud
    replied
    The 3 tests of DirectX 9 give the following results on my Vista-SP1:

Graphics 3D - Simple: 68.5
    Graphics 3D - Medium: 27.6
    Graphics 3D - Complex: 12.2

The driver version is the latest one from ATI: 8.582.0.0 (date: 03-Feb-2009)

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    Something on your PC is preventing DirectX 10 from running. Despite being a slower card the HD2400 claims to support DirectX10.

Do the other (DirectX9) 3D tests run OK in PerformanceTest?

Leave a comment:

• mahmoud
    replied
    Sorry for this mistake, when I said "I have the same problem", I mean the same problem as the the first poster. I installed PT7 on my PC which has Vista-SP1 as OS, and ATI Radeon HD2400 as graphic card, and I've got the message "The 3D test was interrupted or there was an error during the rendering of the 3D scene. The results for this test will not be used."
    Is it clear now?
    So what do I have to do to get PT7 to run with out getting the 3D test error?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    As the first poster had an NVidia card and unknown O/S, and you have an ATI card with Vista, and didn't mention what error you see. It is hard to comment on if the issue is the same issue or not.

Leave a comment:

• mahmoud
    replied
    I have the same problem.
    Graphic card: ATI Radeon 2400 HD
    Driver Version: 8.582.0.0
    Driver Date: 03 Feb 2009

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    Only 1 of the 3D tests use DirectX 10. The others still use DirectX9.

What O/S are you running?
    What Video card do you have?

DirectX 10 is only available in Vista, and it comes with Vista. You can't actually install it. So I am not sure what you are refering to.

Further not all video cards support DirectX 10. The older the card the less chance you have of getting DirectX 10 support.

Leave a comment:

• mikeschn
    started a topic get PT7 to run with out getting the 3D test error?

get PT7 to run with out getting the 3D test error?

I just downloaded and ran Performance Test 7 on my HP dv2945 SE. It ran fine, but it did not run the directx tests because it said directx10 was not installed.

So I installed directx10,and then reinstalled PT7. (The install made a note that it was modifying the directx files.)

Now I get the error "The 3D test was interrupted or there was an error during the rendering of the 3D scene. The results for this test will not be used." ***(see edit)

I am a registered user of PT6, and PT6.1 runs just fine, albeit the scores are lower than in 7.

So what do I have to do to get PT7 to run with out getting the 3D test error?

Thanks,

Mike...

***Edit: and then the next window says "No DirectX 10 capable video device found." My nvida card doesn't support directx10? :0
    Last edited by mikeschn; Mar-03-2009, 05:22 PM.
Working...
X