Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Results Impossibly Low

Hi all,

I have a fairly simple network: 4 machines linked together through a 10/100 Mbits Switch. All NICs are set to 100 Megabits Full Duplex. I went to Advanced_Networking, ran this from one machine as Server and another as Client and I'm getting a ridiculously low 1.9 Mbits/sec.

I ran the same test on a larger network with 15 machines and a manageable switch and got a result of 8.9 Mbits/sec.

Also, whenever those tests are running, Windows XP Networking Performance Chart displays full 100 Mbps usage so I'm really confused as to what the heck is going on here?

Thank you,
    Melkiades

We messed up. The decimal point is in the wrong spot in V7 in the dialog window (it is correct in the graphs however). The real result is 10x higher.

It will be fixed in the next patch release, V7.0 Build 1003

Comment

Are you sure you messed up?

Because I am getting the same results using this tool:

http://www.netchain.com/netcps/

It gives me approximately 1.9 MBPS on my home network and 9 MBPS on my client's network.

Isn't that real strange? Unless NETCPS' MBPS means something else but I doubt it...

cheers
      melkiades

Comment

I am fairly sure we messed up. We noticed some bad numbers yesterday on our in house test machines (before your post). But we'll double check before we put out the new build.

Comment

Working...
        X