3D Complex tests don't seem tom provide good results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Complex tests don't seem tom provide good results

I've been running version 7 of performance Test 32bit on several computers I'm benchmarking. I just love the reports and the possibility to compare several baseline one next to another. One thing I noticed, though, is that 3D Complex tests don't seem to report the right results. I can clearly see during the test that I'm getting between 35-45 FPS, but the report never goes beyond 10 FP (it's always a number between 0.01-9.99).

I'm under the impression that the first digit is always cut off the results (if I have an average of 35FPS, I would see 5FPS in the results).

I'm a bit concerned by this because when I look at 4 comptuer models I'm comparing, it looks like the worst model (who got around 8 FPS) is the best, whereas the best model that got over 45 FPS is showing an average of 5.5 FPS in the results.

Is there a way to resolve that problem and get the real results? Am I the only one getting this problem?

For your information, I'm testing the Toshiba Portégé R500 SATA, R600 SATA, R600 SSD and HP 2530p SATA models, all under Windows XP SP2.

Thanks for your time.

We are not aware of any problem like this and do not see any issue like this in our testing. These light weight Toshiba portables from a couple of years ago have fairly awful 3D performance. So frame rates around 10 frames / sec would be expected.

Looking at the baseline results that other people have uploaded, I can find lots that have frame rates above 10. So I am sure there is not a systematic problem of dropping the first digit.

Comment

Working...
    X