3d tests in 64bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d tests in 64bit?

I recently built a new system with 64bit. The video card I have is PNY 9600GSO 768MB. Both Burn in test and Performance Test 32 bit versions run all the 2d and 3d tests fine. However if i try to use the 64 bit version of Performance Test or Burn in tests the 3d tests fail. "...computer only has a reduced-functionality reference device.." passmark, "Error initializing Directx device" BurnInTest.

Any idea as to why the 3d tests don't run on 64bit? I have the latest directx 9.0c installed and latest 64bit force ware drivers. Does the video card have to support some kind of 64bit modes?

On our 64bit test machines we don't have any problems running the 3D tests.

For some reason the video card / or its device driver is not supporting video hardware acceleration in 64bit. Try running dxdiag.exe to see if displays anything interesting.

Comment

Wow thanks!

OK so I have been to dxdiag before always go there after a new install and make sure all the dx features are enabled on all displays and hardware acceleration is fully enabled in display pannel. After reading your post i figured iv check that before but let me check every thing it has again. This time I noticed this button at the bottom: " Run 64-Bit DxDiag" clicked it, pulled up "dxdiag.exe /64Bit" and the Dx Features were diabled there but not in 32Bit version. Enabled them ran passmark 64Bit everyhting run now Yay. Thanks for the tip to dubble check dxdiag again.

Comment

Working...
      X